March 18, 2020
Dear Wellspring Prep Families,
At this point, we would like to offer broad learning recommendations and provide weekly learning opportunities to students to keep learning alive and to continue making progress as we await additional guidance from the MDE.
We are encouraging the following:
- Starting Monday, March 23rd, students should check Google Classroom for their courses; each course will be updated on Monday with work for the week to be completed by Friday. Teachers are available via email and will have office hours available on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu.
- Students can work on completing or finishing any missing work that was assigned prior to the closure.
- Students enrolled in online courses, dual enrollment courses, or Early College courses must continue to make progress through their online platforms; instruction is continuing at this point.
- Students completing 60-90 minutes in Khan Academy daily is recommended (click here).
- Additional guidance (click here)
- The GVSU Charter School Office has curated helpful learning activities/ideas (click here).
- AP students can check for updates posted by CollegeBoard (click here).
We understand that flexibility is paramount during this time; each family is experiencing different circumstances during this time. To the extent possible, please encourage your student to make an honest attempt to complete the lessons and assignments being posted and to utilize Khan Academy and the other resources provided as ways to keep their brains active and continue learning.
As additional communication related to post-April 5th education is provided to us by the Governor or MDE, we will be sure to update you as quickly as possible.